PRE-ORDER TITLE: Will ship ON or Before Friday Nov. 22nd, 2019 (November 29th Street Date) !!!
If you order with other releases, your whole order will ship together by November 22nd !!!
Neo-Classical Shredding Blackened Thrash with True Metal influences from America’s Guitar God!
Signing with world-renowned guitar god label Shrapnel Records in 1992 at the unheard of age of 19, Toby Knapp continues to have a productive & prolific career in rock and heavy metal.
Recording albums with 20+ of his own bands including Onward, Toby Knapp, Waxen, Where Evil Follows, Necrytis, Affliktor & Darken, a full time guitar teacher & session studio and live musician for many world class national artists including Attila Csihar (Mayhem), Godless Rising, Fetid Zombie, Abhor & more, Toby Knapp has solidified his position as an all-around world-wide guitar Hero, Virtuoso and Legend!
Waxen delivers skillfully played blackened thrash metal with strong true metal leanings and the undercurrent of black metal, drenched in Toby Knapp’s trademark neo-classical shred-mastery!
Joining the Moribund Family in 2014 Waxen swiftly released a triumvirate of critically acclaimed black / thrash metal albums with 2014’s “Agios Holokauston”, 2016’s "Weihung Auf Satan" and 2018’s "Terror Decree”. These albums redefined technical black metal and credit Knapp with the invention an entirely new sub-genre “Shred-Black Metal”!
“Blasphemer in Celestial Courts”, Waxen’s 5th album and 4th release under Moribund, is loaded with traditional black metal riffing that turns into thrash metal shredding, then sways towards a neo-classical heavy metal solo or segments of brutal death metal tremolo. Toby Knapp’s innovative and eclectic style and talent for writing real songs certainly surpasses that of other shredders!
“Blasphemer…” is a comprehensive tome surrounding Toby Knapp’s personal experiences in hermetic ceremonial magic. While lyrically and visually the theme is prevalent, experiences of this shredding blasphemer are also ingrained within the composition. Listeners enter a ceremonial chamber filled with the essence of thrash and traditional heavy metal, saunter down the dark corridors of black metal towards the astral plane where Waxen casts an invocation upon the celestial courts!
Worship the Guitar Wizardry!
“steps over a bunch of your favorite albums to the very front of your attention! Shocking. Crank it up!” –Metalsucks.net
"Believe me, this is the best model I've heard so far for Black Metal without having to be repetitive like many albums right now. this is a musician that we must keep our attention on".- Metal Temple 8/10
from “Terror Decree & Weihung” Albums
* Highly anticipated fifth album from the US guitar legend !!!
* Leading band of World renowned axe-shredder, teacher & session musician Toby Knapp (Onward, Where Evil Follows,
Toby Knapp band, Godless Rising)!!!
* Mastered by Brett Hansen at Audio Art Studios, Las Vegas (BB King, Borknagar, Autopsy, Moonspell, Unleashed, Rotting
Christ, Shrapnel Records, Century Media, etc.).
* Composed, performed, mixed and produced by the guitar genius Toby Knapp himself!
* Cult cover art & graphic design by The Old Goat (Vardan, I Shalt Become, Xasthur).
* Hot on the heels of Toby Knapp’s 1st Solo Shred Guitar only album in 20 years “Blizzard Archer”!
* Brutal Black Metal with excellent melody, total Shredding Solo’s and superb song writing.
* Mandatory for fans of Immortal, Dissection, Slayer, Inquisition, Destruction, Leviathan and Voivod !!!
1. Lilithian Gates (6:22)
2. Child Scryer (6:09)
3. The Oriens of Astaroth (4:04)
4. Blasphemer in Celestial Courts (5:10)
5. Dreaming in Enochian (4:31)
6. The Abyss Between Man and God (6:20)